Welcome to A ‘Mike’ For Christ. I hope the name makes you grin.
My name is Michael. I am a devout Christian, an unashamed Jesus-lover. I embraced Christ as a young child and became an ardent student of the scriptures at twelve. Christ’s life has made every difference in mine, and there has been no looking back. I love the scriptures and enjoy teaching and writing about them.
I am grew up and currently live in Danville, VA, and was blessed to grow up in a Christian home. I attended college in the Midwest where I earned two degrees. Since that time, I have lived in Japan, Indianapolis, and Winston-Salem, NC. I enjoy books, writing, a growing interest in most sports, and study in all subjects.
Something interesting to know about me? Hmm…
- Favorite sports: tennis, soccer, mixed martial arts
- Something bizarre: I confronted my biggest fear (spiders) when I held a tarantula (didn’t help).
- On my bucket list: chase a Midwest tornado
- Dream job: pastor
- Biggest accomplishment: earning a graduate degree
- Lowest point: losing a good job and nearly everything I owned
- My favorite scripture: Joshua 1:8
- Who from the Bible is most influential to me? Joseph
You can find out more about me at the “Q&A” tab above and in the post “11 Questions for Michael”.